Expert Group Meeting – Natural Language Processing in Action
It is our pleasure to invite you to an upcoming event organised by the data innovation alliance and SwissNLP, the Swiss Association for Natural Language Processing (https://swissnlp.org/) on Tuesday, May 3rd at Nüü (Lagerstrasse 45, 8004 Zurich, ground floor).
We will combine an NLP Expert Group Meeting on Multimodal AI with the SwissNLP General Assembly 2022, followed by an apéro and socialising/networking.
- 16:00 – 17:00: SwissNLP General Assembly 2022
- Annual and Financial Report 2021
- Budget & activities for 2022
- Board elections for 2022
- Discussions & Varia
- 17:15 – 18:30: Expert Group Meeting on Multimodal AI
An exciting new research direction, Multimodal Artificial Intelligence concerns the creation of AI models which can jointly process different types of inputs such as images, text, audio, video, or structured (tabular or graph) data. This opens up possibilities for applications which can interact with the world in new ways and address much more complex use cases.
A recent example is MUM , Google’s “Multitask Unified Model”, which can answer multimodal search queries such as “Are these hiking boots [see picture] suitable to hike Mount Fuji?”
In the meeting, we plan for 1-2 short presentations (10min each), followed by an open discussion of the topic. One potential (and intended) outcome is ideas for joint projects!
- Looking for Speakers: If you would like to share your experience in Multimodal AI with the group, please let us know. The presentation may include a success story, a collection of best practices, an open problem, or even an outline of a project that would benefit from Multimodal AI. It would be great to discuss positive experiences, as well as blockers and limitations. If you would like to present, please send us your presentation titles (email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com). Deadline is Monday, April 25.
- From 18:30: Apéro & socialising/networking
Join us to exchange & mingle over drinks & snacks!
It would be great to see many of you in person, but online participation is also possible for both events.
Please register using the link from the invitation mail.
Deadline for registration: Wednesday, April 27.